In this article we discuss the benefits of permanent and semi-permanent makeup as well as how long it lasts and who it’s beneficial for…
Permanent Makeup Specialists to Regaining Confidence through the art of Permanent Makeup
As a local Brisbane beauty therapist who are fully trained in permanent makeup, we’re used to fielding questions from our clients and one subject that is growing in popularity is permanent makeup. We can all lose our confidence from time to time, and of course, what’s on the inside is what truly matters. However, self-care is a great way to take the first step on the road to restoring confidence, and self-care will often result in us looking better and therefore, feeling better.
In this article we discuss:
- The benefits of permanent makeup
- Permanent makeup after a serious illness
- What it’s like having permanent makeup
- How long will permanent makeup last
- What is permanent makeup?
Reasons for wanting permanent makeup vary from person to person. Perhaps you want to save time in the mornings, or maybe you’ve lost some features due to illness or an accident and your appearance is causing you distress. Whatever the reason semi-permanent makeup and permanent makeup can really help restore your confidence.
What is permanent makeup?
Permanent makeup is a procedure which uses tattooing to add pigment to your skin, giving the appearance an eyeliner, filling in your eyebrows or a lipstick would. Permanent makeup for areas such as your eyebrows are great for those who may have lost hair due to alopecia or chemotherapy. Similarly, those who may have had breast surgery can even have permanent makeup to restore the appearance of areolas.
*Permanent/semi-permanent makeup is sometimes also referred to as dermapigmentation, micropigmentation or cosmetic tattooing.
What’s semi-permanent makeup?
For those looking for a less permanent fix, semi-permanent makeup is a great option and is often popular for areas such as lip colour, eyeliner and eyebrow contouring.
How long does it last?
How long does semi-permanent makeup last you may be asking yourself… well semi permanent makeup can last anywhere between 18 months and 10 years and permanent makeup commonly last 3-5 years, but again, can stay on for a long as 10 years with colour gradually fading over time with both procedures.
Does having permanent makeup done hurt?
Like any needle, you may feel some discomfort, however many reports that the pain is nowhere near what they anticipated, and generally, you will have numbing cream before the procedure. Also, the only place it may be quite uncomfortable is along the lash line for eyeliner, but again, many state that the momentary discomfort is worth the results.
What are the benefits of permanent makeup?
When it comes to opting for a permanent or semi-permanent makeup treatment, there are lots of benefits that come with it including:
- Adding definition and contouring eyebrows
- Saving you lots of time when getting ready
- Finding natural shades that compliment your skin tone
- Increasing confidence and waking up looking great without having to do a thing!
- Defining lip line and adding colour can also give lips a fuller appearance
- Buying less makeup (and less packaging)
Permanent makeup is also great for those who:
- Wear contact lenses
- Are allergic to many cosmetics
- Have burns, vitiligo, alopecia or other hair loss and skin pigmentation issues
- Have bad vision close up
- Those who are dissatisfied with something that can be easily corrected by makeup
- Have oily skin
- Have arthritis or other dexterity issues
- Those who may have lost eyebrows due to hypothyroidism
- Busy people who don’t have much time, or maybe in active jobs
- Mothers who may not have time for themselves
Restoring confidence through permanent makeup
Many of us have little traits we believe are imperfect, so if you have something that you’d like to correct, or just want to wake up in the morning feeling yourself and loving what you see in the mirror then permanent makeup and semi-permanent makeup can really help you feel great about yourself. What’s more… less time in the mirror and more time looking after yourself will do wonders to your long term confidence!
Book A Permanent Makeup Consultation with Perfect Harmony, your local Brisbane beauty therapist
Book a consultation with our Beauty Therapist to discuss permanent makeup and semi-permanent makeup services at our salon in Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane.